How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This isn't going to be pretty.

I'm back!

To be completely honest, the reason I gave up this whole food blog was my pregnancy. I found out I was expecting and knew that I could not in good conscience limit myself to my 1877 calories per day. But I also wasn't ready to announce our good news to the world. The best scenario seemed to be to abandon the log. But today I decided I wanted back in.

No, my limit is no longer 1877 (= calories to lose about 1 lb a week with moderate exercise). It is more like 2365 (= calories to maintain my pre-pregnancy weight+ 350 extra calories to create a new human, with light exercise). A few months ago this would have seemed like enough for a feast, but today I'm not quite sure. My appetite hasn't really changed all that much in the first seventeen weeks of my pregnancy, but today -- oh, boy! A hunger awoke that I didn't know even existed! This is what prompted me to get back on the blog.

So, without further ado, this is what I ate today. Hold on to your seats, folks. It was quite the culinary ride.
  • an English muffin w/ SB, a small bowl of Honey Combs in 1% milk (breakfast)
  • a vanilla low-fat yogurt with raw oats stirred in (second breakfast at 11)
  • chili w/ sprinkling of Irish cheddar, slice of WW bread w/ SB, large glass of ice water (lunch at 12.30)
  • TJs milk chocolate. Way too much. Like, about 480 calories too much.
  • TJs boneless, skinless sardines in olive oil on Ritz crackers, grapes, small slices of Edam (second lunch at 3.30)
  • a small bowl of Raisin Bran in 1% milk (snack? at 4.30)
  • 1/2 cheeseburger, a small handful TJs tater tots, fruit salad, lots of water (dinner 6.30)
  • Turkey Hill mint chip ice cream
WOW.SERS. This girl can eat! To the tune of 2,564 calories. Had I only controlled my intake of chocolate I would have been under! Oh, but it was soooooo good.

Yikes. Tomorrow I will eat with calorie-counting in mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are back! I missed your food log and your daily line.