How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 5: Eggs, eggs, and more eggs.

With the pullets now laying, we are coming into a lot of eggs. Almost too many for us to keep up with, now that I am baking less. At the same time, I am trying to serve more hot breakfasts, thinking it will be healthier and cheaper to eat things like oatmeal and eggs in place of cold cereal, with the added benefit of us all staying full longer (my kids are perpetually hungry). Scrambled eggs once a week seems like a good way to address the egg surplus and also fill us up.
  • 2 scrambled eggs on whole wheat toast, 1 glass water (breakfast)
  • 1 berry Gogurt (declined by Nico)
  • apx. 1/4 TJs jumbo raisins
  • 1 serving TJs version of Pirate Booty, 1/2 glass water
  • 2 graham crackers w/ nutella
  • 1.5 servings (I know, I know! But I missed lunch, so I figured it would be okay) of homemade chicken potpie, an obscene amount of broccoli, 1 glass water (dinner)
I sooooo need to drink more!

No comments: