How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 100: The Day I Moved a 500 lb. Stove Across the Gargae All By Myself

All this calorie counting has made me pretty tough. :)

Actually, I am happy to be celebrating my 100th day of food logging. I honestly didn't think I would stick it out this long. Keeping track of what I eat and counting calories has almost become a game to me. I look at food differently now. Eating is less about satisfying a craving and more about feeling satisfied. It's almost on par with shopping for me. I have always loved a good bargain, love to get the most for my money. And now when I sit or, more likely, stand for a meal I think, "Okay, I have x amount of calories to spend on this. What is going to taste good and fill me up?" Don't get me wrong; I have the occasional lapse in judgment. Like the fringed suede jacket I over paid for (and never wore) in college and the Fruity Pebbles I ate for breakfast this morning. But overall, this little system I've got going has really been working for me. I feel great, and, though weight loss wasn't a main goal here, I've lost 12 lbs. (Adam's lost 15!) since starting. Not too shabby, if you ask me.

And this is what I ate today...
  • Fruity Pebbles (who can resist?) in 1% milk (breakfast)
  • Greek yogurt
  • homemade tortilla w/ leftover Cafe Rio-esque chicken, black bean & corn salsa, lettuce, and guac., water, Cherry Coke Zero, a small piece of milk chocolate (lunch)
  • a few mini rice cakes at Mom's, a few pita chips at Mel's
  • repeat of lunch w/o lettuce and w/ a sprinkling of cheese in place of the guac. (dinner)
calorie total: 1,814

6 comments:

Jane R. said...

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs using about a tsp. of Smart Balance on heated jalapeno tortilla wrap, one slice American process cheese food.
Lunch: Leftover dinner. Piece of turkey loaf, broccoli, mashed potatoes.
Dinner: About 5 oz. chicken breast on last jalapeno tortilla wrap spread thinly with organic mayonaise and 2 small dill pickle slices.

Unknown said...

what???? 12 lbs. That is great! We need to catch up..

Unknown said...

BTW.. cherry coke zero?

Monica Rich said...

It's not as impressive, Em, when you realize that 6 of those pounds were gained over the Thanksgiving-Christmas holiday season. :(

Bates Blogger said...

It is impressive, because it's hard to change eating habits. You are very inspiring! Reading your blog I realized how many calories I was taking in snacking, mostly because I saw how little you were snacking, and I cut back, and that's helped :)

Anonymous said...

Cereal with milk
(Did I have hot chocolate? Can't remember)

Apple

Chicken and avocado salad

Tortilla chicken salad with beans, guacamole, a tortilla, but no sour cream or cheese
Part of a breadstick

Total: about 2000