- Oatmeal Squares in 1% milk (breakfast)
- 3 slices rye toast at mom's (toast is synonymous with my mom's house)
- vanilla yogurt w/ wheat germ (lunch?)
- a medium Coke slurpee (desperately needed a pick-me-up around 4)
- pita pizza margherita, Caesar salad, water (dinner)
- patriotic Chex (in place of Rice Krispies) treats in honor of the day.
How about you?
Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Day 156: Flag Day
While I gave my ailing father a manicure today, I was able to ask him about his father's service in Okinawa from 1944-45. It was appropriate, given the day and the fact that I just finished With the Old Breed (check out my reading log if you want to know about that).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a really tender moment. I gave my grandpa his first pedicure last Thursday morning. He was reluctant, but didn't want to put his socks on after it was all over. He asked me to fly back every month to do it again.
Post a Comment