How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 105: The Day I Ate Really Well With Friends

And by "well" I don't necessarily mean healthfully, but everything was delicious and worth the calories. And we went on an hour or so long hike after lunch and that partially made up for the fact that I haven't run in a few days.
  • Anika's crepes -- 1 with broccoli and a sprinkle of manchego, 1 with caramelized bananas and whipped cream and the remains of Miles', which had the bananas and berries, milk (breakfast)
  • lots of fruit salad (watermelon, strawberries, pineapple), a wonderful mango-avocado salad with Anika's homemeade vinaigrette, a small scoop Jill's super yummy pasta salad, steak expertly BBQed by Jon, water (lunch)
  • a small piece each of Anika's two cakes: vanilla bean-lemon curd and chocolate cherry almond (post-hike deliciousness)
  • Suzanne and I shared the following at the Arad Evans Inn: Wild Foraged Mushrooms & Chevre Tart (foraged Pacific Northwest mushrooms, Lively Run goat cheese, shallot confit, white truffle essence) and Georges Bank Scallops (pan caramelized select large sea scallops, golden chanterelle & hedgehog mushroom risotto, beurre rouge) and then I ate a beautifully, beautifully presented chocolate mousse with raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries and I ate it all by myself.
calorie total: with that dinner, I'm sure I was upwards of 2,500

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eggs and cheddar cheese
Yogurt

Raisins
Hostess Cupcakes

Enchiladas and rice with sour cream
Chocolate milk

More enchiladas with sour cream
Cereal and milk

Pretzels

Total: 2000