How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 86: The Day I Ran Outside

... and determined that I don't understand people who prefer running outdoors to a treadmill. It could be that I hate -- HATE -- to run. The only thing I enjoy about running is being done, which is why I think I so strongly prefer the treadmill. The television, the bottle of water, the little numbers flicking by telling me how far I've run and -- more importantly -- how much further I need to go so I can get off, they all serve as a great distraction from what I am actually doing: moving. And expending energy. The less I think about that, the better I run. The best run I've had this year was to the very first episode of 24. I need the adrenaline rush of imaginary conspiracy theories and graphic violence to get me through, and that is something the great outdoors just doesn't provide.

And this is what I ate today ...
  • 1.5 servings of Honey Bunches of Oats in 1% milk, half a banana (breakfast -- would you believe that I was so full from a cup and a half of cereal that I couldn't finish my banana? I tell you, I am a changing woman.)
  • Greek yogurt w/ wheat germ, 2 spring rolls that Bates left ( the rest are in the freezer, Suzanne, in case you are wondering), the other half of my banana, diluted apple juice (lunch)
  • 7 pieces of pepperoni (which, though totally fattening, has surprisingly few calories)
  • a package of Abby's Little Bites chocolate chip muffins
  • a piece of the homemade makowiec Suzanne (my neighbor) brought over, along with a petit four (also courtesy of Suzanne)
  • big salad w/ feta, pecans, dried cherries, egg, piece of ciabatta, a few tortilla chips w/ avocado, Marliese's smoothie (dinner)
calorie total: 1,855

WAIT! I almost forgot. Oh no. This is going to put me over. We had Marliese's smoothie with our dinner (which I lovingly referred to as "sludge"). Tasty, but not at all pretty. And about 107 calories a serving.

calorie re-count: 1,962

So close! But I did run today. That makes it better??

2 comments:

Bates Blogger said...

I was wondering, and I'm glad someone is enjoying them! What was wrong with the cream puff?

Anonymous said...

Cereal with skim milk
Banana

Hot chocolate

Subway sandwich for lunch

Salad
Hot cocoa during studying

Yes, that was two hot chocolates in one day. I'm drinking my calories . . .

Total count: 2000