How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 94: The Day I Had the Best Run of My Life

Honestly, I did. I don't know what it was -- maybe the weather, maybe the relaxed mood I was in, maybe the perfect combination of Cherry Coke Zero and granola. I ran like I've never run before: completely unaware of the fact that my feet were moving and without the stimulation of tv. Not even an mp3 player. I set out to run 2.5 miles and I ended up going just under 3.5. I never, ever over-run. Ever. If anything, I get close to my goal and than lie about it. But today was different.

About three-quarters of the way through my run I rembered my prayer from the morning: please help me to find time to run and please help me to want to run and please help me to enjoy it.

Prayer answered on all three counts.

And yet ... I overate :(
  • Rasin Bran, Oatmeal Squares in 1% milk (breakfast)
  • package of mini muffins w/ a glass of milk (snack with the kids)
  • piece of toast, Greek yogurt, water (lunch)
  • homemade granola bar (very yummy, very healthy, but calorie dense. I will be modifying the recipe tomorrow which will shave 75 calories off a bar)
  • 2 slices Adam's pizza margherita (only 150 calories a slice!), water, another granola bar (dinner)

calorie total: 1,923

Darn that package of mini muffins. I could've been 190 calories lighter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cereal
Milk

Three scrambled eggs with a smattering of mozzarella cheese
Two pieces of fresh-from-the-oven bread with honey
Milk and Ovaltine

Half a homemade granola bar

Three slices pizza
Raisins

I can't remember if I ate a banana or if that was the day before . . .

Total: 2000 or 2070

Wineaux said...

The only time in my life that I ever really enjoyed running was running around an outdoor track in Florida this past January. I ran 5 miles each day we were there. And I truly believe I enjoyed it only because it was in January, and I was outside, in Florida.