How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 97: The Day Adam's Birthday Festivities Began

Because should one of our birthdays fall on the weekend (as Adam's does), the celebration ends up lasting at least three days. According to Adam, every holiday is at least a three day affair, if not an entire week. Just ask him.
  • Raisin bran w/ milk, half a banana (breakfast)
  • Greek yogurt w/ wheat germ, Marliese's smoothie, 1 T peanut butter on the other half of my banana (lunch)
  • diluted apple juice
  • chocolate covered pretzels, 1 piece Italian bread, a homemade granola bar, bites of ice cream cake (I lost all control late this afternoon because I was starving as I fed the kids dinner)
Had I stopped at this point (which was at 7.30, our normal eating cut-off time) I would have been fine, with a calorie count of 1,770. But, alas, Adam and I went out to pre-celebrate his birthday. He was craving Indian, so we went to the Curry Club on the north shore. I tried to order smart, but also didn't want to take the fun out of a date night.
  • potato pancakes in a yogurt, tamarind sauce w/ chickpeas (totally delicious), tandoori chicken, 1 1/2 pieces of naan, a few bites of Adam's chicken tikka masala and rice, water (dinner)
I haven't a clue how many calories were in dinner and am too tired to look it all up. Maybe 800? Maybe 1,000? I guess it doesn't really matter -- I know I was over. Way over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cereal with milk
Yogurt
Banana

Hot chocolate

Salad from Gourmet 53 (Cowgirl Catering) that had feta, a raspberry dressing and a ton of fruit on it

Indian dinner:
Chicken tandoori
Chicken tikka masala
Naan
Potato pancakes with stuff
Lots of rice

Total calories: somewhere in the vicinity of 2800