How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 118: The Day I Started to Re-Conquer Head Hunger

Adam sent me this article a while ago and I found it so appropriate for me. I constantly have to ask myself, "Are you really hungry? Or do you just want to eat?" As the article points out, the two are very different things. My sister Melanie and I used to say that if raisins or an apple sound really good to you, you are probably legitimately hungry (because who craves raisins anyway?).

Today -- and yesterday, for that matter -- were great head-hunger days for me. I ate to satisfy my bodily needs. Though my calorie intake was significantly lower than my goal, I didn't feel hungry or like I was starving. The entire day I felt satisfied. And that is a great feeling.
  • Chocolate cheerios in 1% milk with a chaser of a half-serving of Cocoa Pebbles (breakfast)
  • a banana w/ 1/2 T of PB, one mini cinnamon-raisin bagel w/ nothing on it, water (lunch)
  • a package of Annie's cheddar bunnies, Diet Rite
  • 2 slices pizza margherita, 1/3 slice of Abby's just-fresh-mozz pizza, water (dinner)
  • a chocolate bran muffin that I found in the recesses of the freezer, 1/2 glass 1% milk
calorie total:1,250

I may have a glass of chocolate milk later, but I'm so not hungry right now it doesn't even sound good.

No comments: