How about you?

Feel free to share in the comments what you ate today. I have a sneaking suspicion it will make one of us feel better.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 73: The Day I Remembered What it Feels Like to be Full

Because since we started all of these changes to our diet, full is something I rarely feel. Today I couldn't finish my quesadilla! Who can't finish a quesadilla??
  • bowl of Life in 1% milk, slice of WW toast (breakfast)
  • pretzels and choc. chips
  • whole wheat quesadilla w/ mozzarella and fresh basil (lunch)
  • Greek yogurt, 1/2 a banana
  • Fudgesicle (we're almost done with these 60 calorie wonders)
  • Teddy Grahams
  • grilled chicken sandwich, mashed potatoes, diet Coke (which I find gross, but satisfying for 0 calories), a few bites of Mile's crust, 1/2 scoop Grace's ice cream (dinner out with kids at Friendly's)
total calories: 1,923

That's 46 calories over my daily limit, but I have a surplus of 213 some-odd calories, so I don't feel bad about it. I did my homework before we went to Friendly's and knew that there were two menu items I could have with plenty of calorie wiggle-room: the chicken sandwich and the Asian salad. Sadly, I opted for mashed potatoes (240) instead of doing what my gut said to do and order broccoli (80). Oh well. Next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Special K with skim milk
Half grapefruit

Jerk chicken salad with some sort of blue cheese dressing

Diet/Regular Coke
Mesclun salad with strawberries, candied pecans and raspberry vinagrette
Chicken francaise

Calorie total: 1800 (estimate based on ingredients)

xhart said...

Quaker Cinnamon Life Cereal, whole milk

Three small (I sense a pattern) tuna sandwiches, one pear

Portabella mushroom + pesto sandwich, mixed greens salad

Totally resisted a Tim Horton's donut (they're stale in the evening anyway, I told myself)

One homemade chocolate chip muffin

Total calories: 1455/2010 yeah!

Monica Rich said...

You're both show-offs.